Travel Shield

The Travel Shield plan is an “always on” solution that helps protect you for every covered trip and every immediate family member, with no need to remember to reactivate benefits for each trip. This plan is loaded with travel insurance and non-insurance travel assistance benefits*—standing by your side when you’re away from home on any covered trip. 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, within the U.S. and around the world. Travel emergencies are never fun. But with the Travel Shield plan, we can help get you out of the emergency situation … and back safely on your way!

How to Submit a Claim

  1. Download the appropriate claim form at right
  2. Print and complete the claim form
  3. Compile all supporting documentation, including your trip itinerary to prove you were on a covered trip
  4. Mail, fax, or scan and email the completed claim form and all supporting documentation to the Travel Shield Claims Administrator
  5. Once your claim form and all required supporting documentation is received, the Travel Shield Claims Administrator has up to 30 business days to process and adjudicate the claim
    1. If additional information is required in order to adjudicate the claim, you will receive a mailed letter or email and/or a phone call from a member of the claims department requesting the additional information
  6. Once the claim has been adjudicated and a claims determination has been made, you will receive either a denial letter with explanation or payment within 15 business days

To check the status of an existing claim, call (603) 952-2026. This will connect you with the claims voicemail box. Be prepared to leave your name, case # if known, a callback number, and the reason for your call. You will receive a callback by the next business day.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What benefits do I need to submit a claim for?

A: You need to submit a claim form, at right, for the following insurance benefits: Accident & Sickness Medical Expense, Baggage & Personal Effects, Travel Delay, Trip Interruption or Vehicle Disablement.

Q: How do I access the Non-Emergency Medical Evacuation benefits?

A: If you’re experiencing a medical emergency, you should contact 911 or the local authorities. Once you’re at a medical facility, call On Call International, the Travel Shield emergency medical and travel assistance provider. They will collect some demographic data from you and open a case to immediately begin monitoring your medical care. On Call International will ensure you’re receiving appropriate care for your medical condition, and if not, they will assist in transporting you to the nearest appropriate facility that can care for your condition.

Q: How do I access the Long Distance Towing benefits?

A: If your vehicle becomes disabled at least 50 miles from home on the way to, from or while on your Covered Trip, you should contact your roadside assistance provider first. Inquire about towing your vehicle to the nearest repair facility. If it is determined your vehicle breakdown will Interrupt or Delay your covered trip by at least 12 hours, call On Call International, the Travel Shield emergency medical and travel assistance provider. On Call will locate a long distance towing provider or a hauler to tow your vehicle to your choice of the following: back home, back to your place of rental or onward to your travel destination. Note: the benefit maximum is $1,500. If costs to tow to the desired location will exceed the maximum benefit amount, you are responsible for any costs exceeding the maximum benefit amount.

Q: What qualifies as a covered trip?

A: Covered trips meet all of the following qualifications:

  • Travel Arrangements have been reserved
  • Destination is at least 50 miles away from home
  • Travel does not exceed 90 consecutive days in length
  • Coverage has been paid for prior to your Scheduled Departure Date

Travel Arrangements include transportation, accommodations and other special services arranged for your trip.

Q: How much time do I have to submit a claim?

A: Notice of claim must be submitted within 20 days after a loss occurs or as soon as is reasonably possible. “Notice of Claim” means calling the claims number, above, to report a claim, requesting a claim form or submitting a completed claim form. You or someone on Your behalf may give Notice of Claim. Claims forms and Proof of Loss must be provided within 90 days after the date of the loss or as soon as is reasonably possible. Proof must, however, be furnished no later than 12 months from the date of loss. “Proof of Loss” refers to the supporting receipts, reservations, explanation of benefits, etc. documenting your trip and the loss you are claiming.

NOTE: These Questions and Answers provide a general overview of the Travel Shield claims process and benefits. Please refer to the complete Plan Document for your state for full exclusions and limitations. Certain terms, conditions, and limitations may apply to the insurance portion of the plan.

Contact Travel Shield Claims

Phone: (603) 952-2026
Fax: (603) 893-5264

On Call International
Attn: Travel Shield Claims Dept.
11 Manor Parkway
Salem, NH 03079

*The Travel Shield plan and plan cost includes insurance benefits underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company under Policy Form Series T-210 MP and TP-401, non-insurance assistance services offered by On Call International and long-distance towing provided by Worldwide Rescue & Security and coordinated by On Call International.